Sunday, October 16, 2011

Dairy free/Gluten free warning

So I like quick & easy during the week for lunchtime. I just don't want to spend all day cooking between breakfast, lunch & dinner. Not to mention the cleanup. Fortunately #1 likes peanut butter and jelly or peanut butter crackers so she's easy!! Obviously that won't work for a GF/DF peanut allergy with #2.

So I bought Hormel Natural lunchmeat - it was some flavor of turkey breast (oven roasted or the like) and it had some lactate ingredient but it said "not from milk". Lucy STILL broke out from it with hives all over her face. I just wanted to warn others about it, since it was a huge shock to us!

I did find some "carving board" chicken that is rotisserie style today and she ate it, loved it and didn't break out. Hopefully that would be safe for those with allergies. Just a little FYI!! We learned the hard way and fortunately it's not a life or death situation for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment